Monday, April 30, 2007

I love it

This weather is AWESOME. Mid eighties, sunny, light breeze. Makes having a bike the most awesome experience on the planet. Went out on a ride on Sunday with a group of guys. We just took off west to Seward, got there, had a coke and an ice-cream bar at one of the gas stations and then drove back. Took about an hour and change. The camaraderie of the road, everybody waving at other bikers, swapping places in the train without having to "talk" it over.

There were five of us on this trek. Me with my Honda CB 750, my bro Jay with his Honda Magna Super 650, Elijah with his Honda VTX 1300, Matt with his Honda Shadow 600, and then Parks with his Suzuki 400 (pseudo crochrocket). It was glorious, the perfect cap for a good weekend that involved two separate instances of grilling out, and four hours of beach volleyball. Good times.

P.S. I apologize for the complete lack of "true" sentences. Everything was either a run-on or a fragment. All my english teachers would be appalled. :D

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh my, it's an entry. I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive!!

thebarefootpoet said...

Envy. Extreme envy. Of the bikes, of the road trip, of the grilling out. Envy.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, bro.

jesprincess said...

It cracks me up when you apologize to your english teachers!

P.S. John is back in the US!

Jay said...

Everyone is either envious or congratulatory... I am appalled. The errors that are rampant in this tale are dastardly and unacceptable. Adam's psuedo-crotchrocket is a 450 I think... and I KNOW that my SuperMagna is a 700. Your apologies will do no good in rectifying the situation - only chocolate can do the trick.