Wednesday, December 13, 2006

X-mas

I am going HOME! As my pastor down here said, "Home is not a place, or an address. Home is where there are people around you that you love and that love you." That being said, home could be Waukesha, Norfolk, or Tulsa (for me). But it really is first and foremost in Norfolk. Hence, I am going HOME. I fly up on Dec. 22 (Lord willing, if the weather is nice) early, and get to Omaha by 10:30 in the morning. The next leg of the trip is where YOU all come in. By 3 PM I plan to have had four job interviews in four different towns...Seward, Lincoln, Omaha, Council Bluffs. These companies run the gamut of size and work expertise, so I should be able to find something that meshes with me and what I need for experience. If I could have your prayers that something works out, that would be great. Of course, I then have to figure out how I am going to break the news to my boss that I will be leaving at the end of January. Oh yeah, if one of those jobs does fit me, I need to find out if they are cool with committing to me, with me not being able to show up for a little over a month.

If all of this does happen, I am definitely curious about how I am going to get caught up on my missing back-pay when I am no longer even living in the same state. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Not to sound redundant and at a lack for different words, but I will say it again...if all of this does happen...I am going to take a couple of days to get home. Pack a large U-haul (it has to be large if it is going to fit my tool-box AND motorbike inside with all my stuff), drive up to Tulsa, see all my old work friends, see my Rivendell family (this is your advance warning, I am going to be calling to see who I can crash at), and then finally make it up to Lincoln or wherever. Forgive me Melody, that was a horrendous run-on.

On to the rest of my break. Long nights staying up talking to people, long days talking to people. Quite probably a project or two around the house. And volunteering to run sound for church while I am there. Typical busy holiday for me. Try to cram 5 months of time with people into two weeks.

Auf Wiedersehen and goodnight.

P.S. If anybody happens to have no plans on this coming Saturday from 6:30 to 8:30 PM, drop by Casa View Baptist Church on the corner of Gus Thomasson and Shiloh. Why you ask? Because you will see me freezing my cojones off as Joseph in a live Nativity scene, is the answer.

6 comments:

Josh and Rachel Roberts said...

I think you'll make a charming Joseph...cojones or no. I hope that things work out for you with that whole situation bro. Look forward to seeing you; possibly in January???

thebarefootpoet said...

So there's just no place in T-town for you to work at? Being back close to home, that home, would be really cool, though. Have living room, have air mattress, need resident...kabeesh?

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Ahhh...you get to go home! Yall will have an awesome Christmas excspecially with the new male addition to your family.

Anonymous said...

Can we throw snowballs at the nativity characters??!!

Hey...why not let me ride your bike up, and then you can nix the Uhaul. Merry Christmas bro

zephyrsbound said...

I know it is so cliche, but there really is no place like home, the home you are talking about...not the place where you live, but the people who love you. By the way, I know the Lord has really given you a heart for India and just watched a, what I thought was good, film called "Water". It is a Hindi film that is set in the time of Ghandi and is about the poor treatment of widows. Eye opening to say the least.

TheTart said...

Good luck with the job meetings & I am so bummed out that I missed you in the nativity scene!

Happiest of 2007!

Smooch,
The Tart
; *